Terms and Conditions
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer, and Our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon Our sending a confirmation email to you indicating that your order has been accepted.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
2. Age Restrictions
3. Business Customers
4. Intellectual Property
- 4.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code, and software is the property of Built Environment Institute, our affiliates, or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website, you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable [COUNTRY] and International intellectual property and other laws.
- 4.2 Subject to Clause 6, you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store, or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given Our express written permission to do so.
5. Third Party Intellectual Property
- 5.1 Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- 5.2 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
6. Fair Use of Intellectual Property
7. Links to Other Websites
8. Links to this Website
Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site www.built-environment.org without Our prior permission. Deep linking (i.e., links to specific pages within the site) requires Our express written permission. To find out more please contact Us by email at [email protected].
9. Use of Communications Facilities
9.1.1 You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
9.1.2 You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist, or racist;
9.1.3 You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
9.1.4 It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as We may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
9.1.5 The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
9.1.6 You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of Built Environment Institute or Our affiliates; and
9.1.7 You must not use Our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as "spam" or "junk mail".
9.2 You acknowledge that Built Environment Institute reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
9.3 You acknowledge that Built Environment Institute may retain copies of any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
9.4 You acknowledge that any information you send to Us through Our System may be modified by Us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon Our use of such information must be communicated to Us in advance and We reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
- 10.1 In order to procure Services on this Website and to use certain other parts of the System, you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Website as We may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Website you represent and warrant that:
- 10.1.1 all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- 10.1.2 you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- 10.1.3 you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- 10.2 It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. We accept no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
- 10.3 If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another person without consent, you should contact Us immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorized orders or payments that may be pending. Please be aware that orders or payments can only be cancelled up until provision of Services has commenced. In the event that an unauthorized provision commences prior to your notifying Us of the unauthorized nature of the order or payment then you shall be charged for the period from the commencement of the provision of services until the date you notified us and may be charged for a billing cycle of one month.
- 10.4 When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 9. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
- 10.5 Payment Information will not be shared with any third parties.
- 10.6 We reserve the right to change the Account options and these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If We do so, you will be informed of any such changes in writing.
- 10.7 In the event that you wish to close your Account, you may do so by contacting Us at [email protected].
11. Termination and Cancellation of Accounts
- 11.1 Either Built Environment Institute or you may terminate your Account. If Built Environment Institute terminates your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- 11.2 If Built Environment Institute terminates your Account, any current or pending orders or payments on your Account will be cancelled and provision of Services will not commence.
- 11.3 Built Environment Institute reserves the right to cancel orders or payments without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment or commencing Services provision.
- 11.4 If orders or payments are cancelled for any reason prior to commencement of Services, you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
- 11.5 If you terminate your Account any non-completed orders or payments will be cancelled and you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those orders.
- 11.6 If you terminate your Account, any "Completed Services" will not be refunded.
- 11.7 If you terminate your Account, any content you have submitted to Us or any User Generated Content will be deleted.
- 11.8 We reserve the right to cancel services or refuse to provide services to any individual or business, for any reason.
12. Services, Pricing and Availability
- 12.1 While every effort has been made to ensure that all descriptions of Services available from Built Environment Institute correspond to the actual Services, Built Environment Institute is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude Our liability for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services altogether.
- 12.2 Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required Services.
- 12.3 Built Environment Institute does not represent or warrant that such Services will be available. Availability indications are not provided on the Website.
- 12.4 All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. Built Environment Institute reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated regularly.
- 12.5 In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Services and Us processing that order and taking payment, you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price;
- 12.6 All prices on the Website include VAT.
13. Privacy and Data Protection
- 13.1 All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used, and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
- 14.1 We make no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
- 14.2 No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- 14.3 No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- 14.4 Whilst We use reasonable endeavors to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, you are strongly advised to take responsibility for your own internet security, that of your personal details and your computers.
15. Changes to the Facilities and these Terms and Conditions
16. Availability of the Website
- 16.1 The Website is provided 'as is' and on an 'as available' basis. Built Environment Institute uses industry best practices to provide a high uptime, including a fault
- 16.2 We do not guarantee that the Website or any Content provided on the Website is free from viruses or other malicious code. You must take your own precautions in this respect, as We accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything that has destructive properties.
- 16.3 We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
17. Limitation of Liability
- 17.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, Built Environment Institute accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and its Content at their own risk.
- 17.2 Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts Built Environment Institute's liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Built Environment Institute.
- 17.3 Every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977. However, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
18. No Waiver
19. Previous Terms and Conditions
20. Third-Party Rights
- 21.1 All notices/enquiries and other communications to be made in connection with these Terms and Conditions should be addressed to Us at [email protected], [email protected], or call us at [Your Phone Number].
- 21.2 We may wish to contact you in writing, by email, or by telephone. We will always state how We will contact you when We make initial contact. All communications from Us should be read in conjunction with these Terms and Conditions.
22. Law and Jurisdiction
23. Statutory and Regulatory Disclosures
24. Other Important Terms
- 24.1 We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing. Your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- 24.2 You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission.
- 24.3 The Contract is between you and Us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- 24.4 If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid and enforceable.
25. Indemnity and Release of Liability
- 3.1. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BEI, its affiliates, instructors, and employees from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising out of your use of the platform or any violation of this Agreement.
- 3.2. Release of Liability: By using the platform, you release BEI from any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising from your use of the platform.
25. International Certifications
25. Payment and Refund Policy
- 5.1. Payments: Payment for courses must be made in accordance with the pricing and payment terms specified on the Website. BEI accepts various payment methods, and you agree to provide accurate and complete payment information.
- 5.2. Refunds: BEI offers a refund policy for paid courses. If you are not satisfied with a course, you may request a refund within 30 days, provided that you have not completed more than 33% of the course content. Refund requests must be made in writing to [email protected] .